Thursday, January 31, 2013

Torin's quilt


Last weekend I got to meet our new sweet nephew Torin. Isn't he Adorable with a capital A?


I knew as soon as I found out they were expecting that I wanted to make a quilt for baby. I picked out fun and modern fabric from Home Ec Workshop, and made up a pattern that I thought would show off the graphic prints.


The quilt back was made up of my fabric leftovers, and I think it is neat that the back is interesting in addition to the front. 


On each black and white city bit, I embroidered a color around one building or car, just for fun. (Thanks to Bethany for holding the quilt for me)


I also took a few minutes to embroider a signature on the quilt top before I joined all the layers together.


I recently took a class at Home Ec about free motion quilting. Between my new knowledge on that subject, and my new awesome sewing machine, I knew I had to try quilting it myself. I opted for a square-ish design, to match the city prints.
 


I wish my binding had been a bit neater, but other than that I'm super happy with how it turned out. And even happier that I got to see him snuggled up in it before I headed home on Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's extraordinary and what an heirloom! He is Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That baby is so cute! Way to go Aunt Kirsten making the most amazing quilt that little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING, Kirsten! And I love your little detail of outlining one building in a color. Beautiful quilt for a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete