Saturday, January 21, 2006

It's official - I have yet another new hobby (thanks alot Wendy!). Last Friday we had an art teacher get together to make some jewelry to donate to a school auction. I had never really made much jewelry in the past, but making earrings is so quick and easy... I love it! I had to go right out and buy a few tools and posts to make more - Luckily they were 40% off at the craft store I visited. The earrings above were made with a set of handmade paper beads.
Today I sent off a fun swap package with 3 art pieces. I made a pair of earrings for a "Beaded and Bejeweled object" swap, this little coin purse for a "small sewn pouch" swap and I altered a box for an "Alter This" swap. But, I forgot to take a picture of the box, so I'll have to post that later. I really love this owl fabric. I used it last year to make a purse for myself.
I've been busy making lots of things this week, but I've been attemping to do more art and spend less time on the computer. As much as I love to keep up with the groups, email and posting to my blog, I sometimes use it as a procrastinating device.

1 comment:

  1. Oh these are fabulous....i love them great work!!!!! ANg

    ReplyDelete