Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Super Tuesday

This was a super day - beautiful and sunny morning, followed by a day of happy, creative students. I read a great book called Squarehead to the kindergarteners, and their illustrations were even more hilarious than the originals. I came home to find this delightful postcard from Zhenia in my mailbox.
Faced with a few super-ripe bananas, no good options for lunch tomorrow, and a husband who was at a fantasy football draft, I decided to do some cooking. I made banana bread, chocolate chip cookies, and pasta salad. It was more cooking than I have done in... well... let's just say a long time. It felt good - and made our kitchen smell good!
And to make the evening better, it is a four day work week! Over the holiday weekend I picked up the new quilt for the guest bedroom - notice the kitty in the window - she's not so sure about the change. I worked at Reminisce on Saturday and on Sunday we went to see Snakes on a Plane (totally entertaining) with a couple friends *and* I actually went to the *gym* (whoa). Yesterday I did a little scrapbooking and mowed the lawn. My favorite page is below - photos from when we stayed at the W hotel in Chicago in June. It is a terrible blurry photo of the layout, but I Love that patterned paper!Phew! Lots has been happening. Today we also found out that Bill's brother and his wife will be having another boy in January! Bill loaned his car to his aunt and uncle for a road trip, so he brought home a Mustang convertible from the dealership tonight. We finished the evening by driving around with the top down...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you liked the postcard. Sharpies and watercolours are my favourite media combination at the moment.

    ReplyDelete