Monday, April 10, 2006

Papier Mache Craziness!


If you want the definition of a crazy person, just talk to an elementary art teacher who is doing papier mache projects with 3 grade levels at the same time - that's right - 11 classes x approx. 24 students equals a classroom full of muck. And creativity and messy fun, of course. And full counters.
I'm also working with a visiting artist who will be painting a permanent mural in our school as part of an artist-in-residency program. So exciting! Pictures to come. If you want to read more about what's been happening at school, click here for my latest newsletter.

Here's a scan of the cover of the book I'm altering for my Artists Books class. Yeah, after procrastinating over it for days, I finally started to work on it tonight. As I imagined, the ideas started flowing once I got started, but I have nowhere near the time I need to put those ideas into reality. Luckily, my professor is pretty laid back, and I can probably show her what I have so far, then continue working on it.

And - I didn't even have time to post about Lion King! We saw the musical on Saturday night in Des Moines. It was incredible - don't miss it it comes anywhere near you. The costumes alone are worth the price of the ticket.

Alright, off to sleep and recharge for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment