Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day!

I celebrated the 4th of July in the most American way - shopping! Headed over to Des Moines last night to spend the evening and today hanging out with my family. A good Italian dinner, some live music, BBQ for lunch and some great bargains made the trip a success! Bethany picked up the dress pictured above but it was too long, so she deftly sliced off some inches and now it looks even better than new (hence my wearing of the leftover fabric).

Here are a few holiday recommendations for you:
Evening - go with your mom (or your sister, daughter, or friend) like I did to see this movie. It is a beautiful story of a mother's life and her daughters saying good-bye to her. Lovely film packed full of talented actresses.

and if you're near Des Moines, IA anytime soon check out Mars Cafe - great coffee shop/wine bar/live music venue. Bethany took us there for breakfast this morning and I thoroughly enjoyed my mocha shake and breakfast croissant sandwich. yum.

And this blog - 2 Views

No comments:

Post a Comment