Thursday, July 31, 2008

Here we are!

Working with sporadic internet again this week - apparently the corn has grown too high for the dish to see over! Well, hopefully a taller pole will be solving that problem tomorrow. Friday is also bringing us filtered water, a working oven, clean air conditioner filters and a completed guest room remodel (except for curtains - still planning those out). Yeah, there have been lots of PROJECTS going on here and I am so glad they are coming to a close to begin August on the right note (August already??).

Lachlan celebrated his 3 month birthday this week. So crazy! He is such a sweetheart and becoming very talkative with the goos and the gahs. I found a teeny tiny pool, so we filled it up yesterday afternoon and just dipped our toes in. He was definitely dressed for the occasion. :)

Also went to Home Ec on Tuesday for a pillow class with Codi. It was a good motivation for me to start these pillows I've been wanting to make for the two chairs in our hallway nook. You can just barely see it in the detail shot but that yellow is piping around the edge of the pillow. I was really excited to learn how to do it and now that I know, I think I will be piping EVERYTHING! It looks so fancy! Next to be piped (is that a word? anway, you know what I mean) are the curtains for the guest room windows.
Wendy came over this afternoon and we made some little pin/needle wallets for sewing supplies on the go - saw the idea at Home Ec and tweaked them a little bit. Isn't Wendy's fabric to die for. Yum!
Been scrapping for the "Project Catwalk" contest at SIStv - fun challenges that are based on the Project Runway episode each week. Gets my creative juices flowing and at least one page created every week.

If you need some cuteness in your life - a new batch of kitties has arrived at the IBKC! That's all for now - be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment