Sunday, March 08, 2009

fused plastic bags

I got together on Saturday at Home Ec with some friends that I used to work with. We fused plastic bags, then used the new material to make new bags. It was SO easy and very fun! I could have kept at it all day!
The fused plastic is great to work with, it is easy to bend, fold and sew. I made this little tote bag and the clutch bag below. Everyone made such cute bags. Next I'd like to try making a couple bigger tote bags to use at the grocery store, or a big beach/pool bag (considering the material is waterproof!
If you're interested, there's a great tutorial on EtsyLabs.

3 comments:

  1. i really want to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:46 PM

    I REALLY want you to make me a clutch like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete