Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Here I am with the weekly update, having trouble getting here more than once a week this summer, but who knows, I'll probably post every day for a week now!
Tonight I taught a class at Home Ec about fusing plastic bags. It is such a fun and easy technique. And a little unpredictable, which makes you get creative - that's good! All the students made gorgeous bags. It was fun to see all the different shapes and colors. One of the students taught me how to use the bags to make yarn and crochet a bag. Can't wait to try that!

Other things happening around here:
  • Picking blueberries
  • sweet corn.canteloupe.blueberries.strawberries
  • watching the garden grow (notice I didn't say weeding the garden, oops!)
  • wrapping up the summer preschool session
  • making zucchini recipes & Amish friendship bread
  • watching Lachlan work on his "projects", which usually involving moving a group of things from one location to another
  • looking forward to the ISF
  • trying to read more, just finished The Reader and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

And a few links for you:
my new go-to recipe site: Tasty Kitchen
looks like a fun magazine: GreenCraft
I will be trying a few of these: Martha zucchini recipes

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Curious Incident...wasn't it fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, loved The Curious Incident...I frequently recommend it to others. I hope you enjoyed it as much as me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, love those bags! I wish I could take a class....someday!!

    ReplyDelete