Friday, May 21, 2010

Surprise baby shower!

The last couple weeks have gone by in a blur! I have been busy with end of the year preschool projects, projects around the house, trying to get the garden in order, having a garage sale, 2 yr. old and pregnancy photo shoots (check out some of the photos at shaganman photography blog. She is SOOO great!), a baby shower with my friends from Preucil and a surprise baby shower with other friends and family. I have so many fun photos to share!

First up, the surprise shower - My mom and sister planned it along with my friends Wendy and Codi and they did a GREAT job pulling off the surprise. First of all, I wasn't expecting a shower/party for baby #2 at all, and the way they put together the date, location, and how I would get there worked out perfectly.
The party was at Home Ec Workshop in Iowa City. If you have never been there, you need to go! Especially if you are a sewer, knitter, crafter, but they also have lovely baked treats and drinks. We had yummy treats and punch and I got to open gifts for baby girl. Many of them were handmade, and all of them were absolutely adorable.

They also planned a collaborative crafty project for us to work on at the shower. Each guest made a fabric square featuring hearts (ironed on with fusible fabric) and buttons. I will be adding baby girl's name in the center square and sewing them all together to make a wall hanging for our nursery.
It was such a lovely surprise, and I can't thank them enough for making such a special night for me. I can't wait until we decide on a baby name so that I can finish the wall hanging! More photos are in my Flickr set.

No comments:

Post a Comment