Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cookies and more cookies


When I saw these Funfetti cookies on the Tasty Kitchen blog, I knew that they would be perfect for Lachlan's last day of preschool celebration. They're basically sugar cookies. They were super easy to make, yet so festive looking. I left the almond extract out because we didn't have any, but next time I will definitely use it. These were very tasty (and the leftovers were well-received by Bill's coworkers).


I loved the look of these multicolored cookies when I pinned them. It also sounded like fun to let the kids knead the dough like play doh. So when L's buddy from down the street came over this morning, I decided to have the boys help me make these. Well, as you can imagine, there was alot of tasting going on, as well as some seriously sticky fingers. I added a little food coloring to the yellow batch, but the rest of the coloring is from the jello. I have to say that I don't love these. They were messier than the average cookie to make, and the jello flavor weirded me out (didn't stop me from eating a few, though!). But the colors are super fun and the kids like them, so I won't swear them off entirely. They would be fun to make for a party.



There was just enough jello powder left over from the cookies to make a stacked jello dessert for tonight. Kenley is a big fan. She thoroughly enjoyed it - as you can see by the jello all over her hands, face, and hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment