Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Traveling Visual Journal


I'm so fired up about this new project organized on the Embellished Circus. I've purchased a small moleskine journal and arted up 8 pages so far. Yesterday I sent it out to my partner Beth. She will take inspiration from what I have started, add to my pages, and send it back to me for more work. Meanwhile, she sent me her journal and I will do the same! I've added links to the blogs tracking our projects, as well as links to lots of other super duper cool blogs.

Also I just found out that I've been selected as the "Member of the Month" at the Embellished Circus, which is a new thing that they are starting in 2006. Sounds like people will be sending my handmade things all month - now that is *awesome*.

I'm thinking about signing up for a graduate class at the University of Iowa this spring. It's called "Artist's Books". It should be a very interesting topic, and one that I will dive right in to, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my Tuesday nights every week, since it is one of the only weeknights I get to hang out with Bill. It will get me going towards a goal of getting my master's within the next few years. The question is - masters in what?

Well, I hate to make such a long post without a picture, so here is a page from a round robin deco from Destiny Art Decos. The book was really neat - a paper bag book with a pocket for each person and a cardstock card that pulls out of the pocket. I'm so happy with how this page turned out. I may have to use the quote again in my journal, beacause I think it is extra sweet.

1 comment:

  1. That's a sweet deco page. I love the painting and the sewn details.

    ReplyDelete