Wednesday, December 21, 2005


I finished my 20+ prints for Nicci's Fine Art Valentine project. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. It is a simple design, but I used a 4-color reduction printing technique which is semi-complicated. I started by printing the background all light green. Then I cut away the things on my block that I wanted to stay light green and printed with dark green. Then I cut away the parts that I wanted to stay dark green and printed pink. Then I cut away what I wanted to stay pink, and finally printed red on top. It takes a lot of careful lining up, and I'll never be able to make any more, since I cut away parts of the design as I go. Anyway, it is nice to check one more thing off the to-do list! And - I'm actually feeling like I might be getting better from my cold/flu extravaganza, so that is good news!


  1. OH. MY. GOODNESS! A reduction print! I'm far too chicken to try that...yet. Your prints look super too! Yeah for you being in the same group as me.

  2. That is FANTASTIC. Well done.

  3. Anonymous6:25 PM

    Well done!
    [url=]My homepage[/url] | [url=]Cool site[/url]

  4. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Well done! |