Friday, December 16, 2005

Things that are making me happy today...

1. Cookies from our cookie exchange at school today. I brought 2 dozen sugar cookies (those are my little stars) and we all traded and I came home with a delicious assortment!
2. Pin and fabric from Nici for the Member of the Month on the Embellished Circus. I love it!
3. My pointsetta plant that is sitting on my kitchen counter. It is just so... Christmasy.
4. Speaking of Christmasy (that really should be a word) - We finally got our tree set up last Sunday, and I'm very happy with it. Lots of silver and red, and we've added a few special ornaments this year - like the wooden Sticks tree ornament that was a wedding shower gift, and the Eiffel tower in the bottom right of the picture. I bought it in Vegas in March after we got engaged. It's nice to plug it in - it is such a warm glow in the room.

I was just thinking that I'd beaten my sinus infection and now I've lost my voice and had a sore throat all day, so #5 is my Serenity Now herbal tea I'm drinking... from my favorite hip tea shop in Des Moines - Gong Fu tea. Off to recouperate a little....

No comments:

Post a Comment