Monday, March 06, 2006

3 Things that make me happy, and 1 that has me frustrated

For tomorrow night's Artists Books class, I'm supposed to have a plan for my next book assignment due in a couple weeks. The topic is "Metamorphosis". I'm having a major case of creative block. I worked out this structure by cutting out lots of circles and assembling them with brads so they can revolve. I like it... but... I'd like to take it to the next level somehow and add some text and more meaning... Plus it has to be something relatively low maintenance because I'm going to be gone for 10 days in the meantime, and I won't have time to work on it.
Meanwhile, 3 things that make me happy!
First - my new pink "presto chanjo" shoes bought for me by my DH on ebay (they're discontinued).
Next - last night during the Oscars a knock came at our door and it was a fruit salesman from somewhere down south. Weird and suspicious? Maybe, but he busted open a grapefruit, an orange, and an apple for us to try and we were sold. SO delicious and juicy. Now we have 2 big crates of fruit in our garage!

And finally - the new season of Amazing Race has started. We *love* this show and I'm so happy it has caught on so that they'll keep making new seasons.

1 comment:

  1. We're addicted to The Amazing Race too! But not the family edition. I hope that they never do that again.

    I'll send you inspiration thoughts for your book. I find that I keep getting stuck at about the place you're stuck at now. Good idea. Decent design. What should I do to take it to the next level? It has me pulling my hair out.

    ReplyDelete