Thursday, March 01, 2007

One inch squares swap - step 2


So, I cut my paper into one inch squares last night while watching Marie Antoinette. I thoroughly enjoyed that movie, not so much for the (lack of) substance as for the stunning visuals and the great soundtrack. Anyway, I'm much happier with the painting in mini-doses. The swap, via the Embellished Circus, is for 25, or 50, or 100 one inch squares. I went ahead and cut 100+, but I'm not sure if I will actually finish and send that many. This project was inspired by artwork by Chrysti - and although hers are fabulous, I'd like to do something a little different. Playing with the idea of making different "windows" on each square. Hopefully step 3 (drawing and collage on the squares) will come together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment