Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day


I had a wonderful Mother's Day. We met my in-laws at church Sunday morning, then they came back to have breakfast at our house. I made Joy the Baker's cinnamon sugar pull-apart bread. It was delicious, and fun to make. I even made brown butter for the first time. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be and it smelled amazing! I also made this Brie and Bacon quiche. It was good, but I probably won't make that again. I like the idea of brie, but not so much the taste. ha!

Bill and Lachlan went out and picked out a balloon and a hanging plant for me. Meanwhile, Kenley napped and I got to make a scrapbook page. This is one of my favorite photos and layouts in a long time.


Later in the afternoon I went to Dick Blick (all by myself!) and spent a gift card. I picked out a new sketchbook and some supplies to start an art journal project.

We played outside on Lachlan's sidewalk chalk city, and went over to Bill's parents' for a pizza dinner.

I'm feeling too sleep-deprived (thanks, Kenley) to put together my thoughts about motherhood and what it all means. But I will say that I'm blessed to be a mother to two precious children and so lucky for the wonderful examples of mothers that I have learned from.

So many wonderful blog posts by and about mothers showed up in my reader this weekend. Here are a few of my favorites:

The Project Girl: My Very First Mother's Day

Memoirs of a Sick Addict: Happy Mother's Day


Soule Mama: On Mama's Day

Under the Sycamore: My Mother's Day gift

Dana Made It: Mother's Day


Red Bird Crafts: Mother (watch the video, it's so lovely)

Red Hot Monkeys: Sidney is one month old

2 comments:

  1. BRIE AND BACON QUICHE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quiche! Cute layout...that Kenley is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete