Sunday, July 03, 2011

amid the Hollyhocks

Hollyhocks are one of my favorite flowers, and I've been admiring a large field of them a few miles from our house. This morning both kids were up with the sun, so I decided to take them on an early morning photo-taking expedition. Kenley was too busy inspecting the cars driving past behind me and her little board book to look at the camera. Lachlan has been photographing things with his toy camera phone this week, so he had to get a few shots of the flowers, too. By the way, the only way I could get the shot of him smiling in the top left photo was to bribe him with the next stop on our adventure - donuts from the grocery store!

We're having a lazy Sunday here, so I've spent some time on the couch with my laptop figuring out how to use Pioneer Woman's free actions in PSE. They are pretty neat, I'm glad I figured it out! I added the "Boost" action to all these Hollyhock photos, and a few more from the morning, which are on Flickr.

Then I used PSE to make this collage of photos. I may print it out and slap it on a 12"x12" piece of cardstock for a simple scrapbook page! The font is Pea Elise Joy and the little frames are from the border lines frame brushes set by Nisa Fiin.

No comments:

Post a Comment