Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Our 4th of July in photos


making blueberry turnovers for breakfast (inspired by this book, a new favorite)


mmm, fresh blueberry turnovers. recipe


Kenley in her patriotic dress


"seriously, mom? I just want to take a nap, no more photos!"


Sadie getting cozy


hand-stitching my fabric states for the wall hanging I'm making. Gonna take awhile...


Family walk in the afternoon


L's first sparklers

We watched Charlie Brown Christmas (seemed appropriate to Lachlan?) on dvd and the fireworks in Washington, DC on Iptv.

Also, my good intentions for spending the morning of the 4th getting my garden in shape were squashed after about 15 minutes of work. I managed to clumsily step on a sharp garden tool (while barefoot) and puncture my right heel. Ouch! Not a terrible injury but I did make a trip to the doctor's office for a tetanus booster shot today. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment