My good friend Wendy recently moved into a new (old) house with her family, and has been decorating each room to fit their adorable eclectic style. She found a vintage bark cloth curtain at a local shop and asked me if I would use it to make pillows for her couch and loveseat.
We both loved the "paint-by-numbers" look of the fabric, and I decided to sew red piping into the edges to make the bright colors pop. There was only enough fabric for the front of the pillows, so I used a new soft green upholstry fabric for the back.
I had never sewed a bolster pillow before, so I looked for a tutorial and ended up using this one from PrettyPrudent.com (link isn't working now but will hopefully be fixed soon).
I think they turned out great, and look especially nice with the new paint color on the walls!