Saturday, November 04, 2006

Watch out girls!

A kindergarten student gave me this drawing on Friday afternoon. When I asked him what it was about, he told me that it was him and a friend "scaring away some girls". This cracks me up - especially the way the two boys have legs, hand, and feet, while the girls are still those "cookie people" as I call them. As if the boys are a little more evolved in his brain. And the red eyes and sharp teeth! I'd be scared away, too!

This week was really exhausting, due to the mid-week Halloween celebrations and who knows what else riling up the kiddies. Plus, it is one of those weeks when my project & school to do lists are both a mile long (of course, I've procrastinated on many things that could & should have been done by now, but whatever) And we're in November now, which makes me feel a little stressed about starting to shop for and make Christmas gifts. So, today I'm spending the day working on grades at school... one of my least favorite things to do. It is way too subjective to give elementary students a grade on their artwork. I'm rewarding myself for being more than halfway done by taking a blogging break. And I'm meeting up with Bill and his co-workers in about an hour to go to a Roughriders game, which will be a fun way to end the day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God- too funny! I love the way you describe them as cookie people!

    ReplyDelete