Thursday, August 21, 2008

Guest room redo

So, my last summer project was to finish redoing the guest room - it used to have cutesy 80's wallpaper, which we had a heck of a time taking down a few weeks ago. Now it has a lovely new green wall color and new shades, and some other little patchwork details. I sewed the runner on the dresser and made the pillow in the center of the bed (the rest of the bedding looks deceivingly handmade - but it's actually from Bed, Bath, & Beyond - oops!). I'll share some close-ups of the details soon, but for now it's off to bed to prepare for a big weekend and week to come. I'm meeting up with a friend in Des Moines tomorrow and we're flying with L. to Denver then driving to Estes Park for another friend's wedding. I'm a little nervous about traveling with an infant, for sure, but even more nervous about starting back to work on Monday (even though I am so glad to be going back and am confident I am leaving him in very capable hands). Eek. Ok - have a great weekend all!

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten the room looks great! I remember taking some photos of Lachlan in that room! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad you'll be traveling through Denver and we'll miss you! Have a wonderful time and a great weekend before heading back to work :)

    ReplyDelete