Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Resolutions 2012: January check-in

Kenley, sorting the clothes she pulled from her dresser

I decided to do a monthly post on the blog to keep a record of my progress on my new year's resolutions. I only want to do this to keep myself accountable, and hopefully to see growth and progress in all these areas at the end of the year.

Monthly:

read (at least) one book per month: I read 3 books this month - the Forest of Hands and Teeth trilogy. I blazed through them in the first couple weeks of the year. They're along the same lines of Hunger Games (not as compelling, but I did enjoy them). Zombies and a love triangle, what more could you want?

I also joined Good Reads to keep track of my reading this year. Kirsten W. is my user name, if you want to find me there.

complete (at least) one Pinterest project: see my last post about the Cake Stand/Soap Stand

Weekly:

Make a meal plan: Didn't do very well on this one, but I am making some progress in getting organized. I'm using an app I have on my Mac called Yummy Soup. Instead of just using random recipes that catch my eye from around the web (like I usually do), I'm importing the recipes I use into the app. It is time consuming on the front end, but I'm hoping that eventually it will make it easier for me to remember and find our favorite recipes. It also has a function that allows me to choose meals for each day of the week and make a shopping list.

Create a weekly digital Project Life spread: Done! 4 weeks this month. Love, love, love it.

Daily:

Make an entry in my daily journal: Not great at remembering to do this every day, but I've been catching up every time I get a few days behind, so I call that a success. Sometimes I write a little synopsis of our day, other days I write about just one moment I want to remember from that day.

Exercise and drink more water: Boo. I did awful in this area. Didn't even make it to all of my Friday morning yoga classes, due to sickness. Time to re-commit and make it a priority. And actually visit the move "Move More, Eat Well" classroom and start the assignments.

Thanks for reading! How was your January?

No comments:

Post a Comment