Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Chalk the Walk

This afternoon Wendy came over after school and we made this rough sketch of the chalk picture that we're going to make during the art festival in Mt. Vernon, Iowa this weekend. She had the idea to combine some famous paintings into one large composition. I thought it was a great idea, so we settled on Klimt, Seurat, Van Gogh, and Monet. I wasn't sure at first if we could pull it together, but I really like this drawing, and I think it will translate to the large scale (6'x8') that we'll be beginning on Saturday. I'm a little nervous about being one of only 20 artists doing the work during the festival, mostly because I've never used the pastels we're using and I've certainly never made any piece of art this large, but overall I'm *excited*!

2 comments:

  1. Great sketch! I hope that you post pictures of the final image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure we'll have lots of pictures of it "in progress" and finished.

    ReplyDelete