Saturday, May 27, 2006

Home alone...

Bill is out with some friends from work, so I've been spending the evening home alone, and much was accomplished! I finally finished entering my grades online, and I created a page for our memory book at school this year. Lots of laundry and listening to good music. Also, I completed 43 4"x4" pages for a "chunky book" project I'm involved in. I've been procrastinating working on this for a long time, so even though I enjoyed making them, it is a *relief* to have them finished. I hand carved a self-portrait print and printed it on each page with water-based printing ink. Embellishments are stamped flower designs, sequins on pop dots, and Strano ribbon. (if you like ribbon, you must check out that link - their stuff is to die for!)
Looking forward to tomorrow. We're having breakfast with a friend from high school that I haven't seen in a long time, and in the afternoon my mom and sister are coming over from Des Moines. The four of us are going to look at a HOUSE Bill has been looking at on the internet for months. It is expensive, but I think it may be somewhere we would want to live for a long, long time. I'll decide after I see it in person, but it is an exciting prospect to be even thinking about buying our first house together. Mom and Bethany are staying overnight and then we're going to an all day employee scrapbooking crop at Reminisce. Well... I'm starting to get sleepy, and I think I might paint my nails before I go to bed, so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment