Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Wow, hard to believe, isn't it? Tomorrow we'll be in a new year. This was a great year for me, most memorably because I became a momma for the first time. Speaking of that special guy, he turned 8 months old on Sunday! Hard to believe this little guy is 8 months old already! Two bottom teeth, pulling mom's hair, loves to try new foods, army crawling and flirting! Lots of new noises, too, including what sounds to us like, "hi" "da da" & "ba bye".
I'm looking forward to the new year, though! As far as resolutions go... Of course I would like to eat healthier, exercise more, read more books, do a better job at keeping in touch with friends, but I'm not going to put a lot of pressure on myself for any of those things. Just going to try to stay in the moment and be the best mom, wife, teacher, etc. that I can be.
Another thing that's coming to a close today is my 366 day photo-a-day challenge. I've posted them all on Flickr throughout the year. I did miss a day here and there, but I think that I did pretty well. I don't think that I necessarily became a better photographer, but I do think I documented our everyday life and became more aware of those moments that were photo opportunities. Decided it would be appropriate to end with a self-portrait (and my new darker hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment