Thursday, January 08, 2009

Getting back in the habit

This afternoon I went to my first yoga class since Lachlan was born. It is something that I have been missing in my weekly routine. I have lost all the weight I put on while I was pregnant, but I'm still feeling jiggly and out-of-shape. I love the way it makes me be "in the moment" and pay attention to how I align my body. I know it makes a difference in my posture and strength, and hopefully my state of mind, too. Anyway, thanks to my lovely MIL providing a couple hours of baby-care every Thursday, I'll be able to go! If you're in Iowa City & interested in a yoga class, I highly recommend Friendship Yoga and Nancy's offering a free class on Saturday!

(unrelated "hat hair" photo above, hee hee)

2 comments:

  1. Oh i love the new look to your blog! The colors are lovely. I am on flickr, but I haven't decided if I will do the 365 days on there, or not. I might. Otherwise, I saw a real neat idea of actually printing and storing them, too, on Ali's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:18 AM

    I also love the new look for your blog! Ah, yoga. I've been meditating these past months but would like to add some yoga into the mix. Hopefully, in a couple of months. :)

    ReplyDelete