Friday, January 09, 2009

Show & Tell

Well, I finished up project #1 2009 this afternoon - the "spill mat" for under the high chair. Since we have carpet under our dining table, I thought it would be a good idea to put something a little bit easier to clean under the chair. I found this terrific Michael Miller oilcloth at Home Ec, and I put another layer of muslin(I think?) under, just to give it some weight. Then I bought a couple packs of prepackaged double-fold binding and sewed it around the edge to hold the two layers together. I think it looks pretty darn classy for what it is.

I also finished up my December Daily mini-album when I was visiting in Des Moines last weekend. I had fallen over a week behind by the end of December, so it felt good to get lots of pages done in one day. I'm glad I did it - would love to make this a tradition in one form or another.

There's still a little bit of Christmas spirit around here... the trees and decorations are still up (hoping to tackle that this weekend) and I just got a couple boxes of Christmas/Winter children's books in the mail. I took advantage of the after Christmas sales at Amazon & Barnes and Noble online and started a special collection we will bring out each holiday season. Here are some highlights:
Nutcracker
The Polar Express
The Night Before Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Room for a Little One (L got this one for Christmas)
Gingerbread Baby
The Three Snow Bears


No comments:

Post a Comment