Wednesday, June 09, 2010

new baby girl goodies

I think we all know how much fun it is to shop for baby things, especially sweet baby girl things! Thought I would share a few of the new arrivals to our house.
Before school was over we received this adorable outfit from one of my preschool families. I love the fun colors and stripes. The Zutano clothes that we had for Lachlan washed and wore so well, so I know she'll get lots of use out of it.
Then we got a box from our friends Kristi and Josh and their new baby Addy in Colorado. She's hooked on Etsy now (yay!) and she knows how much I love handmade things, so she went shopping here and here. I love it all! Can't wait to start dressing her up!
Speaking of Etsy, my friend Jamie, who I worked with at Preucil, has an excellent vintage shop with her sister called Dirty Birdies Vintage. Here's their blog. When I saw this 1950's baby book, I knew I had to snatch it up. I had imagined cutting out the parts I liked to used in scrapbooking and decor projects - but - it is absolutely adorable throughout and in amazing condition. I think I will just use it as her baby book, possibly rebind it and add some more pages.
The photos I took are a little dark, but the illustrations are the sweetest.

Then, I got an email from Threadless Kids featuring some onesies that were on sale. Fell in love with this one, and it just arrived yesterday.
Yesterday I got my "Etsy finds" email and spotted these handmade felt baby booties. I couldn't resist - they match her quilt! So those are on their way, too. Time to put a hold on my Paypal account! Ha!

By the way, Lachlan and I made the gingersnaps this afternoon and they are super yummy. The recipe made 6 dozen cookies (!) for me, so if you don't have a husband who will take dozens and give them away at work like I do, then you might want to split the recipe in half.

1 comment: