Friday, April 01, 2011

Lately

L insisted on pushing Kenley in the stroller when we went for a walk the other day.

• Feeling a little deja vu after Lachlan had another scary episode of breathing trouble and Kenley's birthmark that ulcerated last year is having some complications again. They are both fine and both issues are under control. Also feeling thankful that they are generally healthy children and we don't face worries about their health on a daily basis.

a few more pages on Flickr

• Made an 8x8 scrapbook with photos and a few words from our spring break trip to Florida. It was a quick book to put together since I kept a simple layout for the pages and repeated it throughout the book. We (especially Lachlan) are enjoying reliving the sunny moments on the beach and family fun.

at least part of the garden will be inspired by this book

• Dreaming about Spring, just like everyone else in Iowa. I bought some seeds and plan to start some of them inside this weekend. The garden has been cleared of last year's overgrown grass and weeds and is ready to be tilled (now to find someone to do the tilling...)

Fun birthday wreath here

• Birthday party planning and started a new pinboard for kids' party inspiration on Pinterest.



• Enjoying some new-to-me blogs like Iowa Girl Eats (now I think I need a donut pan!), Katie Licht (inspiring art journals), and Lisa Leonard (jewelry designer, but I love her all around style).


• On pins and needles waiting to find out when the new iPhone will be released. Rumors are out there that the iPhone 5 won't be coming in June (like previous models), but later in the year. I'm holding out with my shattered screen until I can get the latest & greatest, so come on Apple!


• Browsing my newest craft book Big Little Felt Universe and planning some felt food making. This book is full of adorable felt ideas - and not just food - laptops, camping gear, tools, plants and more. It is quite hilarious and adorable.

Oh, and I downloaded Martha Stewart's egg decorating app. I just couldn't resist. Only $.99!

What have you been up to lately?

1 comment:

  1. We are so on the same brain wave right now! I bookmarked that same balloon wreath a while back (was going to create it for Page's bday in Feb...hmm...didn't happen) and I have been oohing and ahhing over the same donut recipe and thinking I need a pan as well. Too funny. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete