Saturday, October 08, 2011

the year of the moccasin

It all started when Lachlan decided he is going to be Peter Pan for Halloween. I went looking on Old Navy's website for moccasins for him, but didn't find any. I did, however, find an adorable pair for Kenley. Then I went to order some for him, and couldn't resist picking up a pair for myself. Now we're all decked out in mocs for the fall.


It would have ended there, but last week I was going through boxes in the basement (in an attempt to purge some clutter and baby clothes, good luck!) and found a treasure trove of little moccasins. These were all Bill's when he was a baby/toddler. Apparently, his grandmother brought them back as souvenirs from her travels. They are so adorable, and well made. You can tell which ones were given after he started walking, because the soles are well worn. I was just tickled to find these after I had just ordered 3 brand new pairs. I guess it is true what they say about how fashion goes in cycles.



* I edited these with Pioneer Woman's free 70's PSE Action. Just for fun.
** Just realized I have 3 photo albums from Bill's childhood in my possession and that I'll probably be able to find a photo of him wearing at least one pair of these. Of to go searching...

No comments:

Post a Comment