Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Busy weekend

We had a crazy summer weekend - drove over to Des Moines Friday for a visit to the State Fair and a meet up for my 10 year high school reunion - the highlight was getting to see my girlfriends, other than that, not too exciting. Saturday we drove two hours to a wedding of a college friend, then two hours back to make it to the reunion reception at the Star Bar. I really only wanted to talk to the people I have stayed in touch with already, but I am glad I went.Sunday it was back to the Fair for some good eatin' and people watching. Couldn't miss seeing the Big Boar, the Super Bull, and the Butter Cow (and Harry Potter)... not to mention riding the Ye Olde Mill, taking pictures with the State Fair Queen, watching Bill eat a turkey leg, and Dave the Horn Guy... .com. Ah, the Fair...
It sure felt good to spend the day lounging with Cleo yesterday... ah, the last few lazy days of summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment