Saturday, August 25, 2007

My first 30 days of 365

I had been coming across photos of the 365 Days group for a few months on Flickr, although it was finally seeing Elsie's beautiful self-portraits that made me take the plunge and join. The concept of the group is that you take a photo of yourself (or some part of yourself) every day for an entire year. One thing I love about the group is that they have all these "mini challenges" that give you ideas for themes for your self-portraits. Also, just browsing the 365 sets of other members can be really inspiring.

Why would I want to do this?? Well, it's a little reminder to take photos every day, and I am really looking forward to being able to see my life in pictures (big events and small every day things) over the course of a year. It is getting easier to remember to do it as the days go by. I do feel a little strange uploading so many pictures of myself to flickr - it seems conceited, LOL, but since I'm just doing it for myself, who cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment