Sunday, March 09, 2008

Quilt Beginnings

I first came across the idea of a "birthing quilt" on Chickpea Sewing Studio's blog. I think it is a lovely idea to have something special and handmade to bring along with me to the hospital for delivery. Plus, I had some of this amazing Amy Butler fabric left over from making bags, and I've been a bit obsessed with sewing since I took my machine out again. So, I went searching at Sew Mama Sew and found this doll quilt that inspired me to work with the squares, divided by a solid color. I made another trip to Home Ec Workshop for a little more fabric and started cutting away. Hopefully I can make some good progress on it this week before I lose my motivation! : )

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric. The colors are so cool. Good luck on the quilt. Many months befor Messa came home, I started a crocheted bedspread. I got 9 squares done on it. She uses it for her dollies now.

    ReplyDelete