Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to everyone! I'm so excited about 2010. I think it is going to be a great year. Of course, I am most looking forward to our little family of 3 becoming a family of 4 this year.

My resolutions are pretty much the same as they have been in the past few years. Read more, cook more (try to learn to cook without a book), eat healthier, keep up with my yoga and exercise routine, and be the best mom and wife I can be.
As far as crafty goals for the new year, here are a few projects I have in mind:
* finish the granny square blanket I started in my class at Home Ec.
* make a quilt for baby #2.
* take more photos, especially of family and friends
* crochet some play food for L from this book
* crochet at least one piece of clothing for baby #2 from this book
* make curtains for the basement aka the new guest room
* make curtains for the guest room aka L's new big boy room
* make a Christmas stocking for the new little one

I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and are taking today to relax and celebrate. I'm certainly taking it easy today after a trip to the emergency room last night. I put Lachlan in his high chair for dinner and took a trash bag out to the garage. I had forgotten that there was a broken mixing bowl in the bag and when I pulled the sides up I caught my left hand on a chunk of glass. I knew it was a pretty bad cut, so I held paper towels on it and laid on the couch while Bill rushed home from work. Luckily, Deb was able to drop everything and come over to take care of Lachlan. Then Bill drove us to the ER and we waited patiently for them to x-ray my hand to check for broken glass and then stitch me up. A couple hours later, it was back home with 5 stitches and a New Year's Eve memory I'll never forget.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirsten,

    Impressed by your big plans!

    If you need to calculate how much fabric you need for your curtains you can visit the Curtains Made Simple website. There is a handy fabric quantity calculator for doing both made to measure curtains and made to measure roman blinds.

    Just enter in your fabric width, pattern repeat plus dimensions and heading type and it will tell you how much fabric you need.

    We are a small online business in the UK that allows the not so crafty person to get their curtains made up using their own fabric.

    Good luck with the new year!

    ReplyDelete